GEGL 0.1.0 released
New version of GEGL, new GIMP's core, is out in the wild with mostly internal changes.
- renamed gegl:load-buffer to gegl:buffer-source, and gegl:save-buffer to gegl:buffer-sink (old names still work);
- represent colors using doubles instead of floats (indepentent from internal processing);
- removed the GTK+ UI test tool and made gegl a colnsole tool that renders file using SDL;
- made debugging for buffer leaks easier;
- various public API changes;
- new sampler called GeglSamplerSharp;
- improved documentation;
- other changes.
The new version requires glib 2.20.4 or newer.
GEGL has four ongoing projects in Google Summer of Code 2009:
- Better nonlinear resampler with built-in antialiasing (GEGL);
- Fast Adaptive Resampler Tailored For Transformations Which Mostly Downsample (GEGL);
- OpenGL GPU-based Buffer & Operations in GEGL;
- Performance tools and study of GEGL.
You can download source code of GEGL.