Synfig 0.63.00 gains easy spline editing and advanced outlines
Synfig team is proud to announce the release of Synfig Studio 0.63.00. This is a major release of the free 2D vector animation studio delivering you new features, improvements and, of course, bug fixes.
- Advanced Outline layer. You can now define outline width at any arbitrary point of the BLine. This functionality is available with the new layer type, called “Advanced Outline”.
- Easy BLine editing. Just click at any point of BLine and drag your mouse — the BLine will change its shape adapting to the mouse position.
- Cairofication. Currently some work is being done on porting interface elements, for example, you can notice nice and smooth look of the ducks on the canvas.
- Canvas guides. You can add gude by clicking on one of the rulers in the canvas window and dragging your mouse to the canvas. You cna also enable snapping to guides in the View menu.
- Width Tool feedback element. Shows you affected position and radius of influence.
The main highlights of this version are listed in the Press Release. For detailed list of changes please refer to the NEWS files in the source code archive.